Monday, November 2, 2009

Beef Ribs



Short post on Saturday's beef ribs. I found these at Whole Foods for $2.49/lb and they were just too good to pass up! Once again I used Pork Barrel BBQ Rub and smoked them on a charcoal briquette and hickory wood chunk fire at 225F for about 5.5 hours. I also basted them with Paul Kirk's Red Eye Barbecue Beef Mop and foiled for the last hour.

The rubbed ribs ready to go on the smoker




















Looking good at four hours



















Nice smoke ring




















I don't think I would've changed much with these ribs other than maybe basting a little more frequently and earlier in the cooking time. But the lower temp helped keep the ribs moist, and texture and flavor was right on.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried the beef ribs in a pan, as suggested in the Legends of Texas BBQ Cookbook? I am planning on giving that a shot soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not, but now I am intrigued. I will consult the book and give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried it on Saturday. They definitely get crispy. If they start getting too crispy for your taste, just take them out of the pan and finish normally.

    ReplyDelete