Friday, January 15, 2010

Quick update on this weekend's plans


I wanted to leave a quick entry to let everyone know I'm still here and Sharon and I doing great. Having a partner in life to share everything makes all the difference in the world regarding my outlook on January, my least favorite month of the year. We've not done any outdoor cooking these past two weekends due in large part to the colder temps and wind chill we've had in Springfield. I've experienced MUCH worse, but even so we just decided to take a few weeks off. One day I'll do a writeup about my participation in the 2001 Iditasport Extreme Adventure Race and recount what happens to sweat when it's -15F outside (Hint: it ain't pretty folks). 350 miles up the Idiatrod Trail on a mountain bike in February is sheer insanity, but I'm kind of a rock head when it comes to facing challenges. But that's a story for another day.


With Degüello BBQ's first foray into competitive BBQ just three months away at Pork In The Park in Salisbury, MD I want to work on a few techniques. Last October I gave the Pickled Pig's Chicken Method a try, and I was quite pleased with the results for the first attempt. Based on some conversations I've had with The BBQ Guru on how to use my Caldera, I'm going to give it another shot this weekend. I'll post on the outcome next week. That's all for now and thanks again for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment